Biography
Background & current role
Pam Bondi served as the 87th Attorney General of the United States from February 5, 2025 until President Trump removed her on April 2, 2026. She previously served two terms as Florida attorney general and as a special adviser in Trump’s first White House.
Current record notes: {'id': 'bondi-removed-2026-04-02', 'date': '2026-04-02', 'display_date': 'April 2, 2026', 'subjects': ['office-role', 'crime-law-enforcement', 'government-executive-orders'], 'title': 'Trump removes Bondi as Attorney General; Todd Blanche becomes acting Attorney General', 'summary': 'President Trump announced that Bondi was leaving the Justice Department and that Deputy Attorney General Todd Blanche would lead the department in an acting capacity. DOJ’s historical attorney-general roster now records Bondi’s tenure as 2025–2026.'} {'id': 'bondi-antisemitism-task-force-2025-02-03', 'date': '2025-02-03', 'display_date': 'February 3, 2025', 'subjects': ['social-policy-civil-rights', 'education', 'crime-law-enforcement'], 'title': 'Justice Department launches multi-agency Task Force to Combat Anti-Semitism', 'summary': 'DOJ announced the task force under Bondi’s leadership, with the Civil Rights Division coordinating representatives from DOJ, Education, HHS and other agencies and college-campus antisemitism as its first priority.'}
TrumpsMouth treats this page as a maintained public-record profile. Specific disputed factual claims are evaluated separately, with the original statement, primary evidence, contextual reporting and any material rebuttal shown together.
Role snapshot
Position & relationship
- Position / relationship
- Former Attorney General of the United States
- Affiliation / context
- Trump Administration
- Directory
- Former / Recent
- Profile status
- Former official
- Service dates
- February 5, 2025 – April 2, 2026
Role history & transitions
Documented current/future role notes
- President Trump announced that Bondi was leaving the Justice Department and that Deputy Attorney General Todd Blanche would lead the department in an acting capacity. DOJ’s historical attorney-general roster now records Bondi’s tenure as 2025–2026.
- DOJ announced the task force under Bondi’s leadership, with the Civil Rights Division coordinating representatives from DOJ, Education, HHS and other agencies and college-campus antisemitism as its first priority.
Evidence boundary
Fairness & uncertainty note
Bondi’s profile distinguishes documented official actions and service history from allegations or political characterizations. Claim-specific reviews identify the source of each allegation, the available primary record, response and unresolved limits.
Claims & evidence
Evidence tracker
Directly related evidence records
These records are stored once in the canonical evidence archive and surfaced here because this person is directly involved in the underlying action, agency, statement or dispute.
August 21, 2026 · Justice Department / U.S. Attorney appointments / Letitia James subpoenas · Directly related record
Second Circuit says John Sarcone was not lawfully serving as acting U.S. attorney when he subpoenaed Letitia James’s office
COURT RECORD — SECOND CIRCUIT HOLDS ACTING U.S. ATTORNEY APPOINTMENT UNLAWFUL; SUBPOENAS REMAIN QUASHED
Not rated on the thermometerThis related item is a policy/public-record development rather than a single rateable factual proposition.
Why it appears on this profile: Bondi, as Attorney General during the relevant appointment sequence, used the Justice Department appointment/delegation mechanisms challenged in the Sarcone litigation; this link records institutional responsibility for that appointment process, not a separate finding of personal misconduct.
What is being said
The Trump Justice Department argued that Sarcone could continue leading the Northern District of New York after his interim term by serving as First Assistant/Acting U.S. Attorney under the Federal Vacancies Reform Act and through separate special-attorney/delegation authority.
What the record shows
On August 21, 2026, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit affirmed the district-court order that quashed subpoenas Sarcone had obtained from the New York Attorney General’s office. The majority held that only the First Assistant in place when the vacancy arose could become the acting officer automatically under the FVRA and concluded Sarcone was not lawfully serving as Acting U.S. Attorney when he secured the subpoenas. The subpoenas concerned New York civil enforcement matters involving Donald Trump and the National Rifle Association. The ruling concerns appointment authority and subpoena validity; it does not decide the merits of any underlying potential civil-rights theory or make a finding that Letitia James committed a crime. DOJ publicly said it intends to take the appointment dispute to the Supreme Court.
Assessment context: This is a court/public-record development, not a numerical Truthscope claim. The Second Circuit decision establishes the legal status of Sarcone’s authority and the subpoenas at the appellate stage. It should remain distinct from political claims that the investigation was retaliatory, from the merits of James’s prior civil cases, and from any future Supreme Court ruling if review is sought.
Open canonical evidence record →
August 18, 2026 · Education / Civil rights enforcement / Whistleblower allegation · Directly related record
Former DOJ lawyer alleges anti-antisemitism university probes were rushed, politically pressured or unsupported
WHISTLEBLOWER ALLEGATIONS — FILED WITH WATCHDOGS / NOT YET ADJUDICATED
Not rated on the thermometerThis related item is a policy/public-record development rather than a single rateable factual proposition.
Why it appears on this profile: Bondi was Attorney General when DOJ created the multi-agency antisemitism task force and when the disputed investigations described in the whistleblower complaint began. The record does not allege that Bondi personally directed each challenged investigative step.
What is being said
Van Erem’s lawyers allege that parts of the federal university investigations were driven toward predetermined settlement outcomes, sometimes before investigators had completed factual and legal review. The complaint specifically discusses Brown, Columbia and Harvard and says some investigators were pressured to pursue resolutions despite evidentiary or legal concerns.
What the record shows
Associated Press reported that Van Erem, a former Civil Rights Division lawyer who had been assigned to work on the task force, filed the disclosure on August 18 with the inspectors general at DOJ and HHS and with the Office of Special Counsel. DOJ’s February 3, 2025 announcement confirms that the task force was created under then-Attorney General Pam Bondi and coordinated through the Civil Rights Division with Education, HHS and other agencies. The government separately has documented real antisemitism investigations and enforcement actions at universities, including litigation and settlements. The new disclosure challenges how some of those investigations were conducted; it does not itself invalidate every federal antisemitism case or establish that every settlement lacked factual support.
Assessment context: This is an unrated allegation/public-record entry. The filing of the whistleblower disclosure and the task force’s formal structure are documented. The underlying claims of political pressure, predetermined outcomes and unsupported enforcement remain allegations pending watchdog review, agency response or other independent findings.
Open canonical evidence record →